Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Step 0: Premise

I am starting out on a journey that many have started out on, but no one has been to fully realize. A quest to make a working HO scale Mark VI monorail as seen on the beams of Walt Disney World.

A little about me:

My name is Cole and I am a computer engineer with a Disney problem.

Why I'm doing this:

For as far back as I can remember I have been fascinated with the monorail. I also love having little bits of magic that I can have in my own home. The accuracy of Disney's own monorail models, however, have never been up to spec. When I started searching the internet, I though I would find many people who have come up with scale Mark VI models. You would think with the huge community of Disney fans, that somebody would have come up with something great. Of the projects found, some seem abandoned, or worse, were closed source. Everything I do will be open source and shared on this blog, so people like me will have an easy starting point when trying to create their own monorail.

My Goals:
  • 6 Car Mark VI HO scale model
  • Oval of formed monorail beam
  • Remote control capability
  • Computer control with MAPO blocks and speed restrictions
  • Realistic acceleration and deceleration

No comments:

Post a Comment